Hacker News new | comments | show | ask | jobs | submit login

Some friends and I took video and imagery with a globe (at low altitude) this past saturday. We have thousands of images. I spent a day writing an autostitcher that uses Surf, and some affine transforms to merge it correctly. Then I experimented with orthorectifying with elevation data and tie points referenced to Bing and Google satellite. I then used a tiling server to cut it and overlay it to Google Maps. I have not written a blog post about it yet, but was happy to find this to encourage meto write it soon :) Thank you!



Please do, I'd love to read it and see the results.

I, too, have thousands of images. The camera did ice up a bit on the way up and fog up a bit on the way down, but there is still some great imagery in there.




Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | DMCA | Apply to YC | Contact

Search: