Generate Mondriaan's Victory Boogie Woogie in code
Everyone who can make squares appear on a screen can join until March 7th 2013
Submit your code to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Any programming language can be used
* Please do try to document your code as good as possible and add a little description how it works, as the judges will not speak all programming languages
* Please add a little manual on how to run your program on the judges' machine
* Code will remain secret until the deadline of March 7th 2013
* After the deadline all code will be published on Github, licensed under MIT license and with proper attribution to the author
* Your submission must consist of the following:
* Output of your program (image)
* Short description of the algorithm used
* Contact details
Wikipedia says Victory Boogie Woogie is unfinished. Should submissions produce a finished version of the painting?
If you'd like to participate you might want to send and email to find out if you're eligible to enter. Or consider it just an intellectual challenge ;-)
It'll be a worthy victory, though.
I forget the exact cross street -- somewhere between Judah and Taravel, overlooking the beach. A good excuse for a walk on the beach, if nothing else!
I'd be really impressed if a computer program simulated the -tactile- texture and gamut as well.
Mondrian's New York period paintings are deceptively simple. I've read a teacher's writeup of his student's efforts to recreate Mondrian's Composition (I think). Not easy.
Matching the palette, precise layering, bevels and edges. Mondrian's New York paintings were precise and subtle.
Here's a similar description (can't find the article I vaguely remember):
Two-year study of Mondrian's Victory Boogie Woogie in Gemeentemuseum Den Haag to be rounded off by symposium
Thursday, 28 August 2008
Here you go: