That said, there are companies that exist and have been succeeding in their goals across the spectrum (i.e. the spectrum that ranges from "Only Bootstrapped" to "Only Investor's Money") - and what matters in each case are the people involved. Good bootstrappers / Bad Boostrappers / Prudent investors / Good investors / Emotional investors / Hellish investors - it depends on who you get and when.
Essentially, Point #3 in your post is gold. Thanks for articulating this.
- Funded companies are all about fake business plans
- Funded companies are all about overpaid teams and making losses
- Funded companies are all about investors sitting on your board and driving decisions
- Funded companies are all about more for investors and less for founders
- Funded companies are all about sadist, not-so-cool people