|The last company I started was an email startup -- Peek, we made a mobile email gadget that won all kinds of awards from Time and Wired and everyone (www.peek.ly). The company became a software platform and was just acquired by our top customer.|
So now I'm thinking about new stuff and noticing there is tons of innovation in email.
What do folks think? Agree/disagree with the following statements that everyone keeps repeating?
- Email overload/inboxes are broken
- Gmail is the winner. All other webmail is fail
- A better interface to email than Gmail is out there
- The best mail app for mobile is... Apple's Mail? Sparrow? Gmail for iOS?
- Tasks are crowding inboxes
- Commercial/deal mail needs to be in its own place (e.g., AOL's AltoMail and Microsoft's Hotmail experiment in 2011)
Some background posts about these topics with examples