|Hi all, i'm a grad student finally moving into his first real apartment. Since now, my workstation setup was: my laptop. As a result, for the first time since years i will have a proper desk. So, i'm in the exciting moment when you have to organize your own workstation. More importantly, i have a budget!|
- money isn't an issue (i see this as a long term investment as a high quality working environment will pay back over time)
- that i plan to keep my old-but-still-awesome laptop
- i hate computers. I love what you can craft with them, but i hate the piece of hardware stealing desk surface. I want to keep as much as possible the desk free so that i can freely write and read on it.
So far, this is the set-up i came up with:
- Laptop stand: BookArc
- External Monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2410
- External Keyboard and mouse: Apple stuff.
- Chair: no idea yet. I was thinking an ergonomic chair would be an investment for my back.
- Desk: no idea, i couldn't find any real desk i liked
Which piece of forniture and gadget do you suggest to buy? How is your workstation organized? Is there any life-changing purchase you've done recently?
PS: I'm a developer and i will work lot of time from home.