|Custora is a SaaS tool that helps online retailers better understand and market to their customers. We’re on a mission to build the future of marketing, one focused on real people and powered by sophisticated data science. Our platform runs the state of art in customer analytics and we integrate directly with the tools our customers use to act on our insights, helping them deliver more relevant, meaningful communication.|
We work with Etsy, Fab.com, Threadless, Revolve Clothing, and many more e-commerce leaders. Our offices are in the Flatiron district of Manhattan.
We have hard problems to solve:
We're already analyzing data for (well) over 100,000,000 end customers, and this number is growing fast. We're pulling data from numerous sources, computing sophisticated statistics on the fly, and building an experimentation platform that's usable by anyone.
Plenty of responsibility:
We're a small team, and everyone owns whatever they are most passionate about. You'll have the opportunity to own large parts of the business and the software.
You'll get to pick your projects:
We have a huge list of things to build, and decide what to tackle next as a group. If you're excited about something, you'll have the opportunity to build it.
We're looking for a full stack software engineer to join our core team.
* Our web stack is Ruby on Rails, and our analytics are done in R. Experience with these technologies is a plus, but we’re open to sharp developers with experience building products for the web in general.
* Our data is housed in MySQL and a custom built data store - you should have a deep understanding of SQL.
* You will be responsible for designing, architecting, and building large features.
* As one of our earliest hires, you will have the opportunity to grow into leadership role.
* You should have a degree in Computer Science, or have developed a deep competency in Computer Science on your own.
* Degree in Computer Science, or have developed a deep competency in Computer Science on your own.
* You care deeply about writing high quality, maintainable code.
* Experience shipping production web applications in Ruby on Rails or similar framework.
* Experience working in a startup or other fast paced environment.
* Experience with e-commerce a major plus.
What we offer
Our compensation is competitive with anyone on the market. Since you’ll be a core member of the team, meaningful equity is part of the package. We offer comprehensive health coverage, including dental and vision. Lunches are paid for and we usually eat as a team. We do happy hours at least twice a month. Our vacation policy is based on trust — take what’s needed and keep the rest of the team up to speed.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a note about why you're excited about working at Custora.