| ||Ask HN: Theoretically how should one go about setting up from scratch in LA|
3 points by Causalien on Dec 1, 2012 | hide | past | web | favorite | 1 comment |
|So after several years of struggling, I will finally be able to move to the states to start a company. My destination is Los Angeles, thinking about setting up the office in Long Beach and take advantage of designated economic zones for the city.|
So here are the fuzzy steps that's in my mind about what I will be taking.
1. Use airbnb to scout out 1 week of stay
2. Land in LA
3. Find long term rental place for one person for 6 months. ( how can I find a good place as Canadian without credit history or employment history in US?)
4. Check out the 4 co-working space I've scouted out and decide on one with an office.
5. 2 months in this office to find employee #1 while getting the finances established.
6. Find warehouse and permanent office location by month 6
7. Hire employee #2
8. Find new rental near permanent location.
9. Haven't thought this far yet.
The list looks spartan on details in my mind. I think I am missing a lot of details.
| Apply to YC