I'll try to explain as clear as possible my situation. (and short)
I am not sure what to expect. Any advice, or maybe a similar story would be great.
1. No matter how I read/practice on a tech subject (PL, fw), after couple of months I forget
(Ex: I studied JS and then created several js apps (6-7) 4 months ago, now I don't remember anything.)
2. No matter how hard I study on something, I still can't get.
(Ex: I am building web apps with rails for the last 2 years, and I can't tag myself as mid-rails eng. I still need to search API for even basic ActiveRecord queries or to define scope statements)
1. I completed BS in CS 3 years ago.
2. I am building web apps since 2008. I never took a break. 4 full years.
3. I've worked on really big projects. (apps more than 3+ million user base or created several apps that utilizes ML algorithms)
4. I am 28, I don't see myself stupid but I started thinking my brain does not function as well as 2 years ago.
5. I try to follow new technologies, open source libraries, and news sites.(this is not my actual HN handler)
(Currently I use backbone, coffeescript, rails stack. But again if you ask me some basic thing in backbone or coffeescript, probably I can't answer.) I created 4 apps using this tech stack.
It's been a very long post, but any help really appreciated.