- Sub-second reconnection to wifi when resuming from sleep, using past remembered networks and IPs
- Bonjour zero-configuration service discovery for printers, network speakers, etc.
- Exposé window management and the GPU-accelerated desktop in general, not to mention just-in-time-compiled GPU accelerated image and video manipulation with CoreImage / CoreVideo.
- Spotlight indexed desktop search that's actually usable for real world filetypes
- Quicklook instant previews, not to mention native PDF support not involving Adobe Reader
- A mail program that autoconfigures based on just the email address, just by trying the obvious options
Add in the fact that Apple is still the only company to have multi-touch work properly on a desktop, that their hardware has been dominating geek conferences for years because of its travel-friendlyness, and there is plenty of innovation to go around.