Hacker News new | comments | show | ask | jobs | submit login

"the first couple years are not going to be dedicated to research"

Depends on the country - in the UK you can/could go straight from completing an undergraduate degree to working full time in research doing a PhD without having to attend any more classes.

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | DMCA | Apply to YC | Contact