Hacker News new | comments | show | ask | jobs | submit login

I'd wager that a small but significant fraction of people will play with these things in their mouth (sticking them on either side of their tongue, for example) and accidentally swallowing them at that point is not hard to accomplish.

And no, people shouldn't be doing this, but these things look completely harmless. They're not poisonous and they're small enough to pass without harm, so what's the big deal?

I think that's what it comes down to. The danger these things pose isn't terribly large, but it's far larger than what a typical reasonable person would perceive as the danger.




Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | DMCA | Apply to YC | Contact

Search: