Hacker News new | comments | show | ask | jobs | submit login

A less radical approach is to use multiple screens/desktops, but all under one account. Under OSX, they're called "Spaces," and I can't remember what the Linux term is. I'm not sure if Windows has them.

I used VirtuaWin for about five years in Windows, it works excellently. Not as perfect as the ones in Linux, but close.

They are called "desktops" on Linux.

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact