1. Problem: Difficult to implement shipping for any business, website, store, etc. You only have UPS/FedEx
Solution: Kayak for Shipping - Developer implements shipping API, which enables back end to do a rate shopping engine for shipping, which taps into APIs for FedEx, USPS, UPS, and allows local shippers to qualify for the program, including PostMates and any other Joe Schmo interested in shipping...
3. Problem: People die because they can't get organ donations.
Solution: Create a co-op where people join a market for organ donations.
4. Problem: Scheduling things with friends is really hard, there is too much back and forth over SMS and email
Solution: Set up a centralized service through your phone that schedules for you, but is totally automated, no human beings, just machines, so that virtual assistants don't have to waste time scheduling
5. Problem: There are no parking spots in the city
Solution: Price out illegal parking zones by multiplying the probability of ticket * ticket cost. Using a mobile app, a user pays for parking insurance at differing rates, but allows them to find a parking spot where there previously wasn't one
6. Problem: why is it that you can only bookmark pages or urls
Solution: delicious 2.0 - be able to micro-bookmark. i should be able to save things at the sub page level and consume that content later: a post in a block, a newsfeed post on facebook, a photo in a webpage, a section of an article. etc
7. Problem: Sending direct mail is hard - you need good lists, need to process with mailhouses, and you don't know whether the mail you send is reaching the right audience
Solution: Create a digital application to send mail as easily as email, complete with analytics of the funnel, and the ability to unsubscribe from the mail you're sent. Make mail, like e-mail.
8. Problem: Animated GIFs are the new LolCat, where can I find the best animated GIFs?
Solution: Use animated gifs as a medium for snipping video that you can easily see over your mobile phone
9. Problem: What happens to all my digital stuff when I die? Or when I want something killed...
Solution: future me, death switch - go through with my credentials and find usernames and passwords and have ways to kill the accounts.
10. Problem: I can't listen to radio broadcasts, etc. with my friends
Solution: Social listening with friends. Suggestions from friends of articles or things to listen to with their commentary in their words.
11. Problem: Mobile data sucks sucks sucks. I want to watch something on demand or download a movie.
Solution: BitTorrent for mobile. Allow the sharing of mobile data amongst subscribers, but you have leech and seed at the same time...
12. Problem: Keeping in touch with people is REALLY hard.
Solution: Create retention method of keeping in touch with people that uses a computer to help you keep in touch with people who matter.
13. Problem: Buying billboard ads sucks
Solution: Create billboard ad marketplace
13. Problem: Retail locations have captive audiences and it's hard enough to monetize the location. Why doesn't everything turn into a Times Square?
Solution: Give them a TV, stream over the internet, and do ads. You can break up with television advertising model by guaranteeing the location and zip code.
14. Problem: Shipping takes time.
Solution: Establish network of 3D printers to print things on demand for same-day shipping.
15. Problem: People get stabbed in the Mission
Solution: 1) Crowd-sourcing police cameras, we pay people to stream live their local areas and videotape people walking around. Instead of just letting police see it, everyone sees what's going on, but the difference is that the owner and we hold the rights to the content. Assumption that more cameras means less stabbings. 2) You could even SMS a number and it would follow your location on your way home so that you are recorded every step of the way. Kind of like a virtual sentry and you could have an individual nearby to escort you if need be for a digital amount. 3) Text Message app where if a crime has been committed. It texts me that one has happened near me. Uses increasingly open government data apis and police blotters.
16. Problem: Where are all the hot people? How can we take the local tracking phenomenon to an even deeper degree...
Solution: Hot or Not of Local. People take pics of other folks and they can rate those people relatively around them.
17. Problem: I can't have dinner with my family in Colorado, HK, etc.
Solution: Hack the Kinect to create the Farenheit 451 wall. We can actually have real conversations with people. I somehow feel MSFT will do this with Skype and Kinect, but whatevz.
18. Problem: Receipts suck. Yet, we still need them.
Solution: Make it easy to create a hardware or software solution that takes receipts and mails them in a way that is easy for Quickbooks, quicken, or whoever needs to keep track of expenses. I hate Oracle.
19. Problem: I want to watch movies with friends.
Solution: Have a way to watch a movie with a friend and have them put commentary on the movie and for me to also enjoy watching the movie. Annotations and real social. Spotify meets Netflix.
20. Problem: Water is expensive for large utilities.
Solution: Smart grid for water utilities: OPower, but for water utilities. The issue here is that water is cheap, but a very large industry, so where could I make the delivery of water much more efficient.
21. Problem: I hate buying new computer equipment
Solution: Lease electronic equipment - Apple products are uniquely suited to this. New ones are released every 12 months, old ones have a high resale value, iCloud syncs all your documents for when you buy a new device, and there's a large population of people who always want to own the latest one. You could charge a flat monthly rate to people who always want to have the newest iPad, then send them a new one every 12 months with a prepaid box to return their old one. There's even a 3rd party warranty company that covers drops and spills for a reasonable rate -- http://www.squaretrade.com.
22. Problem: Payroll is DOMINATED by two guys - ADP and PayChex, they suck
Solution: Kill them. Do better with a product that values people as people.
23. Problem: [w] why can't you buy something online and pick it up in a store (this currently is verticalized)
Solution: make product search -> purchase and pickup in store easy. build the amazon for local pickup
24. Problem: AirTime sucked because it didn't let you Hot or Not people
Solution: It would be awesome if you could... AirTime with HotOrNot... social and virtual currency. Allowing pretty people to make money from their beauty.