| ||Ask HN: Validate my bill collection system idea|
4 points by yashchandra on June 13, 2012 | hide | past | web | favorite | 10 comments |
|So I have this idea based on my own pain points. Basically, we all have to pay bills including utility, insurance, mortgage, car payments etc. Some companies have their own online payment website where consumers create their details, bank information etc and then through ACH or credit card, payments are deducted. For example, I pay my comcast bill through their website, PSEG (utility) through their own website etc.
What if there is a single website which does the following:
1. Business (such as utility,cable etc.) can sign-up. They get a specific domain like mybusinessname.thebillingwebsite.com
2. Business can then just enter their customer information
3. The customers automatically receive a unique URL where they can go and input their details including payment preference (say pay by bank or credit card). They can see the balances etc and payment history. easy to export/report etc.
3. The website collects the payment from the consumers (through Stipe etc. or its own bank account?)|
4. The website then transfers the amounts to the business'es bank account on a monthly basis etc.
Problems solved by this idea;
- small businesses do not need to build their own payment collection website. In fact, if they depend on their customers sending them checks etc, no need for that
- Consumers who are paying bills can find an easy integrated platform and manage their bills in one place (if most businesses sign up for this)
| Apply to YC