Edit: This is my new favorite Mixergy video.
1) Calling a customer back while eating Cheerios and getting the response "Situation Room. Dan speaking."
2) Raising prices by 100x and how it made the business/customers happier. (p.s. I personally think Stormpulse is still underpriced. The Situation Room uses it. NASA uses it. Charge them DoD prices for a hammer, at least. ;) )
3) How he played news media outlets against each other, using their herd mentality, to get widespread distribution (but not revenue at the time).
4) Practical experience with setting up charging credit cards. How that evolved into the current paywall. What changes helped conversion.
5) How it was funded with a combination of bootstrapping by working a day job, getting friends&family money, a not too successful fundraising campaign (and the low point there), etc.
Matt is a pure, pure hardcore entrepreneur - years and years of building and incredible product supported by ramen-revenue and then following the data, and taking a leap off the cliff.
Good luck buddy!