Hacker News new | comments | show | ask | jobs | submit login

Oh lord! I remember these unibody terminals. I had to use the Volker-Craig VC4404 . That thing was built like a tank. You had to hammer at the keys with great force. Soon one got into the habit of hammering on the keys all the time.

And then one day I walked into the lab with shiny new VT-100 terminals with their soft keys; but started hammering on them by habit. And everybody turned around and looked at me as if I was possessed..... :-D

I smiled when I saw how you call them "unibody" terminals. We have come a long way since then. :)

When my dad bought a DEC Rainbow 100, I loved loved loved that I could move the keyboard. Such a boon!

Here's a VC4404 manual which shows the key layout/functions:


Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact