We’re a fast-moving hacker-friendly team with big plans to change how books are created and sold.
Hyperink’s investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Lerer Ventures (the founders of HuffPo), SV Angel, and others. Our launch was featured in Forbes, BusinessWeek, and TechCrunch, among others.
Here are some of the problems we're solving:
1. Publishing for Developers: Our applications and services include a collection of web APIs and interfaces to enable our team, self publishers, and developers publish more quickly.
2. AI + NLP: We use AI, machine learning, and natural language processing to make publishing a hands free process; to automate article summarising, uncover leading topic trends, assist in content quality control, and semantically tag documents.
3. Big Data + Analytics: Driving our systems and processes are thousands of book-loads of valuable data.
4. Enhance the reading experience: We want to make books social, personalized and interactive. Share, recommend and experience books with your friends. Clothes aren’t “one size fits all”, let’s make books more personalized. Redefine how people interact with books - let’s add images, videos, annotations and music to deliver a more engaging, informative experience.
If you really want to knock our socks off...
Write a RESTful web service which takes a random image url, analyzes the image, and intelligently stamps it with appropriate, generated meme text.
* Hacker News
Write a program which analyzes hacker news posts and determines common attributes of successful posts (topics, dates, events).
* Command Line Equalizer
Write a command line tool which plays a song and streams its equalizer in ascii.
* your interest in publishing and hacking
* (optional) programming challenge
We’ll respond in 48 hours if we’re interested. Thanks!