Hacker Newsnew | comments | show | ask | jobs | submit login

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a reference to a meetup that points to a mail list:

Unfortunately there is no direct link to the message, but here is the pasted header, if someone is interested in looking for it in the archive:

Forwarded message

From: Mitch Altman Date: Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 12:59 PM Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] Geeks & Depression meetup To: NoiseBridge Discuss

The archives are "private" (not sure how private, but I didn't feel like signing up), but I found copy here: http://strangersinthebedroom.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-no...

Full text:

  From: Mitch Altman
  Date: Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 12:59 PM
  Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] Geeks & Depression meetup
  To: NoiseBridge Discuss

  Geeks & Depression meetup
  Tuesday, 6-December, 7:30pm
  No Starch Press, 38 Ringold Street, San Francisco, CA
  94103
  (near Civic Center BART Station)

  Let's have a meetup where geeks can talk about depression
  and suicide. You are not alone. Share your story, if you
  like. Share a friend's story. Or just hang out and
  listen. Let's make it OK to talk about these things so
  that we don't feel so alone with our feelings of being
  alone and depressed or suicidal.

  This is not a support group -- none of us are trained
  professionals, but we can get together in a safe,
  confidential space to talk about depression and suicide
  -- an important part of life for so many of us geeks.

  Mitch.
So it's already happened I guess. Anyone know how it went?

-----

There is a second meetup tomorrow, as far as I can tell: https://www.facebook.com/maltman23/posts/10150415871850918

Mitch's Google Group for the meetups is here: http://groups.google.com/group/geeksanddepression

-----

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Lists | Bookmarklet | DMCA | Y Combinator | Apply | Contact

Search: