Sales Development Representative | Founding Role
REMOTE - HOBOKEN, NJ
ContainIQ provides a toolset for Kubernetes monitoring and troubleshooting. We help engineering teams remediate issues quickly and maintain cluster performance.
ContainIQ, a seed stage startup, has raised a $2.5 mm seed round from a leading group of investors, including Y Combinator, Lachy Groom Fund, Taurus Ventures, Pioneer Fund, ACTAI Ventures, and several other incredible investors.
We are looking to hire a Founding Sales Development Representative with ambition and focus. In this role, you will play a critical and founding role on our sales team. Given that this is our first SDR position and hire, you will play a formative role in the organization and will have an opportunity to shape the sales organization directly.
You will work hard on prospecting, discovering, and expanding business opportunities in your daily role.
By identifying the right prospects and qualifying them, you will help our company initiate long-term relations and accelerate revenue growth. The person hired for this role will have ambitious goals and be ready to shape the trajectory of our company on day 1.
This is an important hire for our company, and we are ready to hire and reward a great candidate.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the company founder to build a pipeline for strategic and mid-market accounts
- Identify key contacts for target accounts and firmly build the foundations for sales engagement
- Engage prospects across multiple channels, including phone, email, LinkedIn, and more
- Add value by providing the right content for each opportunity, ie. case studies, screencasts, presentations, and event invitations.
- Manage, track and report sales activities and results using our CRM
- Meet daily, weekly, and monthly performance metrics
Who you are:
- Can work in an autonomous role and are constantly looking to improve
- Take pride in your accomplishments, and are always ready for another challenge
- Demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding quota
- Work with the utmost integrity, and are transparent to yourself and company leaders
- Have a passion for understanding and explaining technology
What you bring to the table:
- 2-3+ years experience in lead generation, outbound/inbound prospecting, or sales
- A can-do attitude, and comfortable improving and scaling processes
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong work ethic and focus on prospects/customers
- Alignment with company values
Even better if you offer:
- Proficient with Streak, Apollo, and Salesloft
- Have previously worked in remote environments in a lead generation or sales role
- Tech-savvy and/or previous experience with monitoring and observability toolsets
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (ex AWS, GCP)
- Experience and formal training at a mid-to-late stage SaaS business operating in competitive environments.
Our US benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Meaningful equity via a stock option grant
- 15 days PTO, and 9 paid US company holidays
- Company paid 100% for health, dental, and vision
- 401k with 6% company match
- Parental leave
- Life and disability insurance
If this sounds interesting, please reach out to me at nate [at] containiq [dot] com with “HN” in the subject line and 2-3 sentences about what you find interesting about ContainIQ and your resume/LinkedIn.