|If you had a guaranteed, lifetime stream of steady income - say $100k a year, inflation adjusted - what would you do with your life? Would you still work? On what? Spend all day hacking on projects you loved? Do a startup? What kind of startup? Write a novel? Read on the beach?|
Related questions have been asked on YC, but I don't think this one has, and I'm quite curious to find out what people will say.
Here are some things I might do:
1) create a series of educational games to teach math and science, based on the idea that math is actually additively fun to learn if you do it right ( example: sudoku).
2) Do another startup ( not sure exactly what the field would be, probably something software or web related )
3) Do research work in robotics, computer vision or AI.
4) Start a political party based on the idea that instead of changing specific politicians we need to alter the constitution to change the incentives by which our leaders make decisions.
5) Write books about history and/or economics
6) Start a city
How about you?