1. Bottom layer is p2p connection established by libjingle, this can be udp, tcp or relay through google.
2. We use PseudoTcp implementation in libjingle to provide reliable connection.
3. On top of that is SSL connection.
4. protobuf is used for structured data and framing.
5. Graphics is encoded using VP8.
(copied here since groups.google sometimes requires login)
It would be cool if there was at least an option for the shared computer to resume sharing once one session has ended.
There's a reason why it's still beta.
Looks solid but I fear that this attitude (let's add features) is bloating chrome which will destroy my favorite browser
It's an extension. If you don't want it to run, you just don't install it.
- TeamViewer works as a service, if requested
- TeamViewer works on different platforms, without requireing a specific browser
I don't see the threat yet. It's a different thing.
Chrome Web Store is not available for .com. Learn more about Google products you can use with @*.com."
I can't even view a Chrome extension since I'm a user of Google Apps.
The only thing not in there (that I've found) is Google+/Profiles.
Right now the Dev build of Chrome on OSX doesn't allow you to install new extensions.
EDIT: I tried to install the OP app again, and now it works. My Chrome version is exactly the same. I don't understand this. Oh well.