Overleaf builds modern collaborative authoring tools for scientists — like Google Docs for Science. We have over eight million registered users from around the world. Our primary product is an online, real-time collaborative editor for papers, theses, technical reports and other documents written in the LaTeX markup language. It’s used by around 400,000 people each day.
We’re currently hiring for three roles:
- Software Engineer - Frontend/React: We’re looking for a frontend (or full-stack) engineer to help us finish migrating our remaining angular.js code to react, update our code editor from ACE to CodeMirror. In the longer term, we are planning projects around improved collaboration features for teams, improvements to our rich text mode to help non-LaTeX users, and more.
Some reasons you'd enjoy working with us:
- Most of our code is open-source and we're big fans of Free Software.
- We use the “Shape Up” development process, using an 8-week cycle to ensure regular delivery of improvements to the product.
- You’ll be working alongside a cross-functional team, including designers, product managers and developers, to help our users create their best work on Overleaf.
- Working hours can be flexible to your needs. Our core hours are 2pm–5pm UK time. Applicants must be based in the UK, EU, US or Canada.
- Remote is a first class citizen; even before the pandemic, all founders and employees worked remotely and this is part of our values: https://www.overleaf.com/about/values. When we can do so again, we'll get everyone together in London a few times a year for valuable face to face time.
Apply here: https://apply.workable.com/overleaf/