|Hi again! I'm back for another "No Strings" session. I like this community a lot and want to see if there's anything I can do to make you a little more successful. There are no strings attached. (Hense, the name.) To give you an idea of what I might be able to help you with, let me tell you a few things I've done to help others...|
- I've helped consult with non-developers about their idea to help them understand what it'll take to implement,
- I'm currently building the control panel (front and back-end) of an embedded (ARM-based) wifi access point,
- I'm planning educational workshops for our community to learn (cram) on different technologies and how they can be quickly used for different benefits,
- I read approximately 600+ different articles, blog entries, and stories each month about what the tech world is doing. (I'm pretty informed!)
- I understand good design from bad design. Aesthetics are not lost on me.
- I have a family (two kids) and juggle a hectic work-life balance (volunteering, full-time gig, forming a startup, social life?) that's gradually improving.
If you're interested, there's some more information about me at http://nobulb.com/personas/.
So if there's something I can help you with, just ask here or @mikegreenberg on Twitter. Be specific about what you're trying to fix/solve/accomplish. The more details you provide, the better I can help you out. Also, I should be able to do your request within 10-15 minutes (a soft time limit so I can spread the love a little quicker).
Last time, the response was overwhelming and I was still answering questions days later (because I wanted to). If you want to get your question answered sooner (rather than later) your request should be thoughtful, sincere, researched and considerate of other people who might want help, too.
PS: This is how it went last few times I did this:
PPS: I'm not asking for anything in return, however, there IS one way you could show your appreciation if you felt the need. I'm working on a project and currently doing some validation. If you would consider taking a short 2-minute survey, I would be quite appreciative.