Ha-ha-ha. You're kidding, right?
Check strlen: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.strlen.php
1. Comment about how PHP converts types. "Conclusion: The values are converted to string before check the lenght."
2. Comment from a novice user who posted a solution to the problem of subtracting the number of spaces in string from its length.
3. Comment about someone who thought that there was a bug in strlen, but it actually was a documented difference in behavior between two minor versions of PHP.
4. Comment about counting characters in UTF-8 encoded string by decoding it to some other one-byte encoding.
5. Comment about counting characters in UTF-8. Actually, the whole new function.
7. Benchmarks for different UTF-8 strlen implementations.
8. Complaint about another comment, which suggested the function to count characters in UTF-8 strings that didn't work. And the "proper" solution using regular expressions.