Could be a workaround for HTTP clients that don't use or leverage keepalives effectively, don't retry and/or don't load balance across all IPs in a DNS record.
* Implements retries, keepalives (idle/persistent connection pooling) and load balancing when your client can't!
* Optimised nginx Openresty config for speed and high traffic. https://github.com/openresty/docker-openresty
* Dynamic connection pooling to any domain using lookups performed by Kong lua-resty-dns-client https://github.com/Kong/lua-resty-dns-client
* resolves A, AAAA, CNAME and SRV records, including port
* parses /etc/hosts
* parses /resolv.conf and applies LOCALDOMAIN and RES_OPTIONS variables
* caches dns query results in memory
* synchronizes requests (a single request for many requestors, eg. when cached ttl expires under heavy load)
* Supports self-signed SSL using iteration on the-one-cert https://github.com/flotwig/the-one-cert
* Above point allows ALPN, HTTP2 and TLS1.3 from local box or wherever you trust the certificate.