|As a technical founder going into a more sales-oriented role, I would like advice on the tools other founders / sales teams use in their day-to-day to give them an advantage in lead-generation and sales automation.|
Although CRM suggestions would be OK, I am more interested in tools that help you do things such as:
- Create easily customizable email templates and their follow-up sequence.
- Automation software for LinkedIn outreach / email sending.
- Automation software for generating leads. For example: easily identifying companies' email formats, easily gathering companies' and their competitors' information, landing page generation automation, gathering lists of companies based on size, industry, needs, etc.
Essentially, if someone asks you what your day-to-day sales operations look like for a B2B SaaS product, how would you respond with hands-on suggestions? Assume that such person has no idea of the current trends of sales software.
If someone asked me the same question for a software tech stack, I would answer for example:
- Bitbucket / Github for version control
- Travis CI for continuous integration deployment
- React JS for front-end, combined with parcel as a bundler, Mobx State Tree for state management, etc.
- Ruby on Rails for back-end, combined with PostgreSQL.
Ideally, if you have information on how that product / strategy gives you some advantage it would be really hepful. If you have any resources that could also help a technical founder get into sales, with a step-by-step process, that would also be great!