Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login

That article taught me that “checkers” is called “draughts” in British English. I wonder how Wikipedia chooses whether to refer to something by its British English name or its American English name when the two don’t agree?

> The official policy is to use British (AKA "Commonwealth") spelling when writing about British (or Commonwealth) topics, and American for topics relating to the United States. General topics can use any one of the variants, but should generally strive to be consistent within an article.


Guidelines | FAQ | Lists | API | Security | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact