- Number 4 is an unlucky number. 6 and 8 are lucky numbers. In fact, most wifi passwords here are 66668888 or 88888888.
- Don't stick the chopsticks in rice in the middle.
- Don't flip the fish as it mimics the fisherman's boat flipping.
- Burn a ton of stuff to help the diseased at Tet holiday.
- Don't boil the same water more than once.
This is common in the West , I do it, probably picked up from the Chinese around tea. I've also seen ice nerds talking about it in a positive way.
My conspiracy is when you have dirty water any memes that encourage boiling more water will proliferate. (Since you'll drink the old boiled water over collecting more from a stream)
There's some additional context about the numerology here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_numerology