|Design principles for the eSports for engineers game collection are:|
1. target audience is people who enjoy reading dense technical material
2. designed to accompany your daily exercise bike workout, for 30 min to one hour a day total. The collection includes a different game for each day, providing for a varied mind/body workout. Scoring formulas are provided to track your daily and weekly performance.
3. Sample different game domains, from deep learning chess and Go to realistic sims. Spar with a world-champion level AI first to train, then play online vs other humans if desired.
4. realistic physics, re-creation of historical events and strategy, not fantasy, are the themes that draw you in.
5. free on linux, no advertising.
6. you'll need to read a book and a game manual for each game to get the most out it
7. differentiate with breadth, depth, and richness of content, reflecting a wide range of volunteer contributors from all over the world, and over a long period of time.
8. unpack one tar file on linux to play all the games. No payment infrastructure or internet is needed to play.
more information here: