to me backspace going back a page = a sense of frustration. better to turn it off in the browser, so I did so.
It's almost too immersive.
You could do it the way Duolingo does it - on desktop, it allows for "Hard Mode", where it lets you type the responses freely. On mobile however, it doesn't let you do that (unless you're using the app).
"Although the semicolon isn't required for most statements in this version of SQL Server, it will be required in a future version."
There's no declaration of what attribute should be used for considering distinct users. After guessing it gave a hint to the effect of "there are duplicate Given Name values". This is rather counter intuitive since many people share a given name.
I checked the network tab in firefox 75 on fedora and the post was instantaneous, about 40 ms to reply (120 if included TLS negotiation). However there is after that an animation that takes a long time and plays a sound.
And the 6 months countdown doesn't begin until the game development ends so you're enjoying longer access.
Actually why couldn’t an entire online class be working towards solving some kind of mystery. You wouldn’t even notice you’re building skills.
ORDER BY JoinDate
SQL Error: There is no field named JoinDate in the resulting FROM table.
In PostgreSQL 12:
Type "help" for help.
mulmen=# CREATE TABLE foo ( bar INT, baz INT );
mulmen=# INSERT INTO foo VALUES (1, 10), (2, 20);
INSERT 0 2
mulmen=# SELECT bar FROM foo ORDER BY baz;
It seems like a piece of a business, not a business in itself. To be successful as a product or solution, there needs to be more around it -- some way to integrate it into contexts, have it used in schools, or in afterschool, or something.
Another key component would be user studies -- develop PCK about what supports and help students need.
I plan on adding support for GROUP BY, aggregate functions, HAVING, aliases, JOINING multiple tables, and some more stuff with more complex cases to match.
The site is interactive, but you can also download the dataset and do the exercises on your own database, if you so desire.
The 6 months countdown doesn't begin until the game development ends so you're enjoying longer access.
Also, in a rather grim coincidence, one of the emails I googled belonged to a person who had died in a car crash few years ago.
Interactive SQL Tutorials :
▪ Chartio Interactive PostgreSQL SQL Tutorial - https://chartio.com/learn/sql/
▪ Select STAR SQL - https://selectstarsql.com/
▪ SQL Bolt - Learn SQL with simple, interactive exercises - https://sqlbolt.com/
▪ SQL Window functions - https://www.windowfunctions.com/
▪ PostgreSQL Exercises - https://pgexercises.com/
▪ SQL Zoo - http://sqlzoo.net/
▪ SQL Teaching - https://www.sqlteaching.com/
▪ ByteScout SQL Trainer - Use live data to train - https://app.bytescout.com/sql-trainer/index.html
▪ Schemaverse - A space-based strategy game implemented entirely within a PostgreSQL database - https://schemaverse.com/
▪ Oracle Live SQL - Lerarn and share SQL - https://livesql.oracle.com/
▪ GalaXQL 3.0 - an intractive tutorial with exploring the galaxy - http://sol.gfxile.net/g3/
▪ SQL Exercises - http://sql-ex.ru/index.php