1) Initial (chaotic, ad hoc, individual heroics) - the starting point for use of a new or undocumented repeat process.
2) Repeatable - the process is at least documented sufficiently such that repeating the same steps may be attempted.
3) Defined - the process is defined/confirmed as a standard business process
4) Capable - the process is quantitatively managed in accordance with agreed-upon metrics.
5) Efficient - process management includes deliberate process optimization/improvement.
Amish tech processes seem to me higher up the chain than most people, so from this point of view, they are actually more advanced..