Depending on your tab count and how "heavy" the websites are, you can expect a considerable reduction of memory and CPU usage and indirectly your battery consumption, by automatically suspending the tabs you aren't using.
Some of the options you can configure are:
- Whitelist urls or domains that you do not want to suspend (You can still manually suspend them by using the menu)
- Show a screen shot of the page just before it was suspended
- Detects tabs playing audio and will not suspend them if you don't want it (experimental)
- Detects tabs that contain active forms and will not suspend them if you don't want it
- Optionally, do not suspend tabs if on battery power or no network connections
This extension is inspired by the The Great Suspender for Chrome
The UI and some features still need to be polished a bit and I plan a minor update next week but wanted to show this to the HN community to hopefully get some feedback.
Please let me know what you think.