• It was started just right at the end of Kofun period when Japanese tribes started political centralisation (578 AD).
• It has survived unification of Japan under Tokugawa shogunate (1603 - 1868).
• It has survived forced opening of Japan to the outside world by the western forces (1854).
• It has survived World War I (1914 - 1918).
• It has survived World War II (1939-1945), ending in the near total destruction of the country.
Yet, when Japan survived to become a Trillion dollar economy; Kongō Gumi Co., Ltd. was liquidated and acquired by Takamatsu Construction Group (2006).
What does it take to build a Business which lasts over 1000 years now? Would humanity even last for next 1000 years with current geo-politics, inequality and hatred?
What part of WW2 resulted in near total destruction of the country? The two atomic bombs were tragic, but the near total destruction of two cities is a far cry from the near total destruction of a country.