- Less time commuting (companies get better at managing a distributed work force)
- the 50% of people not connected to the internet start to get access
- wages are driven down globally by this additional 50% coming online creating more backlash in democracies.
- Increasingly countries will use China's great firewall tech to keep out Western influences and grow local internet competitors
- high speed internet gets deployed in war zones with drones and we understand why the US is against Chinese 5G companies.
- high speed internet (5G etc) means that many jobs that couldn't be off-shored are near shored for a mixture of tax and cost savings - taxi drivers, pilots, delivery trucks, fork lifts with a mixture of AI and people
- cashiers become sales people as stores fight against online sales
- percent of people working in manufacturing drops to 6.5% from 10.5%
- a group of people add 30% to their life span due to drugs that reproduce intermittent fasting and other drugs that seem to work on mice.
- China goes to 30% of world GDP and US reacts by going to cold war
- Japan builds up its military in reaction to china
- Housing manufacturing and education continue to not have productivity gains.
- Nuclear fusion is still not any closer to wide scale deployment
- Cities in Europe and Asia go E-bike friendly while Americans stick to their cars.
- The muslim world will become more pro-women's rights based on Saudi Arabia's lead
- Banks will stop touching cash except via ATMs and will convert branches into sales offices to push their online offerings. Goldman Sachs in reaction merges with Revolut.