Ironically, it's quite the opposite.
It's quite funny to see React people seeing their thing as a "GUI revolution" when React's approach have existed for 10/20 years in the traditional GUI world.
- Component oriented approach: Done by Qt, GTK, WPF, OSX for more than 20 years:
- Reactive design: Qt and other have done that for 15 years.
- Stateless Immediate rendering: IMGUI and nuklear have done it for 10 years.
- Pub/Sub event dispatch: Call it signal/slot and you had it in Qt/GTK for 15 years.
- DOM specified GUI, call it XUL, XAML or Qt XML and you had it for 10 years.
One more proof that the tech world is often a continuous reinvention with a lot of hype.