If you're a software engineer looking to make a beneficial impact on the world without compromising on cutting-edge technology or career benefits, consider applying to 10x Genomics.
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is a fast-growing biotech company that develops hardware, software and chemistry that enable researchers to study cancer, the immune system and biology at single-cell and precise spatial resolution. Our instruments are installed at top research institutions all over the world, has powered over 500 publications in the last three years (https://www.10xgenomics.com/resources/publications), and has given scientists new insight into biological phenomena.
Software is at the heart of the 10x Genomics platform; it is needed to convert raw information from millions of molecules to something scientists can explore programmatically or visually. We have developed internal and customer-shipping systems in Go, use React/Redux and Electron for easy-to-use visualization applications, and are making increasing use of Rust to accelerate and harden our bioinformatics code.
There are open positions for front-end software engineers (remote-friendly), full stack engineers, cloud architects, computational biologists, and firmware engineers, as well as in other domains. See https://www.10xgenomics.com/careers/ or email me (jeff at 10xgenomics dot com) directly.
- Competitive salary with options
- Work with domain experts across a variety of fields
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, and other benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A beautiful new HQ within walking distance of West Dublin/Pleasanton BART, as well as a satellite office in downtown SF
- Provided lunch (at HQ) 3 days a week, unlimited snacks
- The existential satisfaction of knowing your software is being used to study and improve human health