Freshlytics is a self-hosted open-source privacy-friendly analytics software.
You can use it to learn more about your users in terms of visited urls, referrers and browsers used without invading the users privacy.
It's built using Typescript (React/Express) and uses PipelineDB for storage. All the reports are pre-defined (not adhoc) so I felt this is a good use case for PipelineDB's continuous views.
* Cookies are not used
* Personally identifiable information (PII) is not collected
* Switch between multiple projects
* Slice the data within a date range
* See the pageview in different dimensions like page urls, referrers, browsers etc
* Currently focuses on website pageview tracking
* Tracks visited page urls, referrers, browsers and browser versions
* Supports multiple projects
* Different projects can have different reporting timezones
* Users can either be Admin or normal users
* Admins can create/edit/delete projects and other users
Please give it a try and let me know what you would like to see improved :)
A form of tracking is required to make collected data _actionable_. You'd normally want to know that people coming from this referrer bounce, but those coming from another source - stay, look around, subscribe/download/buy, etc. Being able to tell newcomers from returning visitors is also very useful.