| ||Ask HN: DNS naming conventions for cloud environments|
9 points by bndw 6 days ago | hide | past | web | favorite | 1 comment |
|- What sort of naming conventions do you use for your cloud environments?|
- How do names correlate to environment (dev, staging, prod, etc), region (us-west-2, etc) and so on?
- How do you scope non-prod environment sub domains to reduce collision with business/product subdomains (e.g. marketing might want to use stage.example.com)?
- staging.example.com points to a load balancer for staging workloads
- the request is routed to us-west-2.staging.example.com via a geolocation routing policy (closest region to the user)
- us-west-2.staging.example.com load balancer proxies the request to the backend workload(s)
| Apply to YC