- I can use my IDE in desktop to search / change them.
- On iOS, iA Writer can access to markdown files
- I get PRs to my public notebook because it’s on Github: https://github.com/azer/notebook
- The format and tooling are unlimited. Images, sound files, jupyter notebooks, everything fits
- It’s not binded to a product or protocol. I have freedom to personalize it and keep it the way I want.
- It scales beautifully. It’s been 3 years since I started it.
- The only problem was to have same IDE style for both code and markdown, I solved it later: https://kodfabrik.com/journal/ia-writer-mode-for-emacs/
I’d recommend it for those looking for alternative options.