Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login

There is probably a name for this kind of "taking a 2D image, separating it into 2d cutouts, and panning with parallax". It's an effect that's been around for a while (hand done, not automated as you have it) but it's never been referred to as a "Ken Burns Effect"

Googling "How to make a parallax video from 2d pictures" brings up lots of tutorials, none of which mentions "Ken Burns Effect"


Conversly searching for "How to make the Ken Burns Effect" will show that it's not the same effect your software makes


Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact