Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login

On a high level I agree. The way I see it, "impossible" is the wrong label. What you must do, though, is have a rational basis to believe you're in (making up a number) the top 0.01% of people skilled in that area. If that's true, then it might be a reasonable plan. For the other 99.99%, it's a bad plan.

And when I say rational basis, that's its own challenge. There is a huge potential for emotional thinking disguised as rational and for self-delusion. Everyone wants to believe they are the top 0.01%, and most of them are wrong.




Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact

Search: