A colleague at work is leaving the company soon saying "I don't feel like I'm a fit for <xyz> company". I'll be speaking to them in unofficial capacity soon. What all should we talk about? A few things that came to mind:
- what all do you need to get a new job?
- why do they feel they are not a "fit"
- is there a systemic problem?
- when did this feeling arise since they joined with lots of enthusiasm?
- what could I have done personally / in official capacity that might have stopped this
- how do you think we missed this?
To the HN community: What other things can I ask them to prevent/improve this situation in the future? Is there even something to improve here?