Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login
Interim Report into UK Wide Powercut on 9 Aug [pdf] (ofgem.gov.uk)
6 points by phab 28 days ago | hide | past | web | favorite | 4 comments



> UK Wide Powercut

Not really...

> "In this instance c. 5% of GB’s electricity demand was turned off (c. 1GW) to protect the other 95%. This has not happened in over a decade and is an extremely rare event. This resulted in approximately 1.1m customers being without power for a period."


It affected customers in many different regions of the UK, rather than being geographically localised.


This document says "HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL" in the footer.


It does say that, but the report is available from a public facing area (this press release here: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/ofgem-laun... ) so it's most likely fine.




Applications are open for YC Winter 2020

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact

Search: