https://roughjs.com/examples/bar-chart.html is an example of a bar chart built up with D3
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=16571827 was the discussion when it was first submitted
What I want is a chart library with simple API like chart.js but in hand-drawn effect. I find there is no such lib, so I created this one. Thanks for trying it out.
Previous discussions about xkcd styled charts:
- xkcd styled charts in matplotlib: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19293129
- simple line graph in d3: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4671676
- disscussions on stackexchange: https://mathematica.stackexchange.com/questions/11350/xkcd-s...
- why are xkcd styled graph important: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7511762
I'd 2nd the comments below on Safari & size--ultimately I'm excited about using this in some mobile projects we're planning.
It also help develop my way of thinking with regard to the precision of units in estimations, e.g. going 24 hours over a 72 hour deadline is interpreted as bad, but going 1 day over a 3 day deadline isn't interpreted as nearly as bad. It's about precision and how it informs ones beliefs.
CC-SA-NC-licensed thing could not be merged into MIT-licensed thing.
That being said, a server-side or build-step tool that generates lean SVG code? Yes, please.
- it only creates img, no interaction(tooltip)
- only support line chart
What I want is a chart library like chart.js or echart but with xkcd style. So I created this tool
You can regard this library as adding styles to d3 instead of chart.js
--- @sharpercoder https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19293713