Did it improve? What do you remap?
I mainly use Hammerspoon as I prefer Lua over Json. I find Lua far easier to modify... to be fair, both Hammerspoon and Karabiner Elements have quite an impressive repository. If you want to do something it is probably already done.
My favourite is probably swapping of Cmd to Ctrl in VMs. That way you can use keybinds in Linux or Windows VM with the same muscle memory as in macOS. It may get confusing if you use Super a lot in Windows/Linux.
Another one is rebinding right Option (or "Alt") to Hyper. Most of the keybinds I use I got from this repo . Though I did make quite some modifications I found it a good starting point (merging my own back). I remap Caps to Escape and Ctrl (latter if combined with another key) via Hammerspoon. You could also use Karabiner Elements though. Although I still use Caps mainly for Esc (muscle memory...)
On a Windows computer, I used AutoHotKey for some other stuff (gaming related QoL improvements). For some reason, Blizzard decided that in WoW you are not allowed to spam a key if you hold it. Which is flat out painful for the hands. I no longer play WoW regularly though. If I do, it is via Wine (on a Linux desktop). In Diablo 3 I made a keybind to swap gearsets. This was before Blizzard implemented the wardrobe.
I've got a fancier mapping for the caps lock key: when you hold it, it works like ctrl, and when you tap it it works like escape.
I've also got something similar for space: when I tap space, it works like space. When I hold space, I can tap additional characters. (So space works like a modifier, similar to ctrl or shift.) For example, space-x = delete, space-p = page up, space-j = cursor down.
The space one however, did not work well for me. It resulted too frequently in space not working at all. Supposedly it got matched as a combination with another key instead of a tap.
I recommend to apply a new rule, then test it out, then make another change. This way, you figure out which rule poses an issue.
There is one ruleset in Hammerspoon in the Github repo which I mentioned which -for me- makes it impossible to type cd. It always becomes c d