Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login

I think the answers of these questions should probably be read through 'glossy folder skepticism'. If someone asks me about

> A tool that always reduces working time by 2 hours

VS

> A tool which saves 6 hours with 90% chance and costs 4 hours with 10% chance

I pick the first because there is a lot less space to fudge the first claim. Certainly, when such probabilities are quoted I am careful not to assume those probabilities will be accurate in my usage of the product.




Applications are open for YC Winter 2020

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact

Search: