It's incredible really. The Amazon logistics folks weren't able to accurately put packages into the parcel locker system at my apartment, and would constantly just leave them on the counter in the public area. This happened so much so that my apartment revoked their courier number to use the parcel system. The apartment management's idea: instead have them deliver directly to the door of each resident. As you can imagine, this has tanked successful Amazon deliveries to anyone in my apartment complex. I'm probably sitting at about a 66% success rate for getting my packages delivered AT ALL.
On the bright side, their customer service folks have added tons of $5 and $15 credits to my account because of how absolutely terrible their own courier service is at delivering.
- Was it left at my apartment door?
- Was it left in the 2nd floor mail room/lobby?
- Was it left in the 1st floor main entry/lobby?
- Was it left outside?
- Was it left in some side door?
- Was it left halfway between the 2nd and 3rd floor on a random stairway?
- Was it left in the office?
- Will I have to wait 3 more days so I can report it lost/stolen and try again?
Not to get into the "Prime 1-day", which when I order three 1-day things at the same time means one shows up tomorrow, one the next day, and one the day after.
I don't often finish work before this, so pick-up of these "One Day Delivery" packages are pretty much relegated to weekends.