|Justin.tv is the biggest live video site online. We serve hundreds of thousands of video streams a day, and have supported up to 60,000+ live concurrent viewers. Our site is growing every week, and we just added another two 10 gbps lines to our colo. Our unique visitors are up 900% since January.|
There are a lot of pieces that fit together to make Justin.tv work: our video cluster, IRC server, our web app, and our monitoring and search services, to name a few. We're looking for a talented engineer with a strong linux background to help scale all of these services; planning future hardware infrastructure, building monitoring to keep our Quality of Service up, and helping design and optimize our application architecture.
* Plan our future hardware expansion and network topologies for the web, video and chat clusters
* Build monitoring and alerting systems to maintain uptime as we grow
* Install hardware, buy bandwidth, and automate bringing up new systems
* Work with application engineers to identify and fix bottlenecks in the app code
While we're growing rapidly, Justin.tv is still a small, technology focused company, built by hackers for hackers. Seven of our ten person team are engineers or designers. We believe in rapid development, and push out new code releases every week. We're based in a beautiful office in the SOMA district of SF, one block from the caltrain station. If you want a fun job hacking on code that will touch a lot of people, JTV is for you.
* Extremely strong linux background (we use ubuntu and debian, what do you like?)
* Experience scaling web applications
* Programming background (this job will require building many things, and digging into the application code)
* Experience hacking video streams, python, Twisted or rails all a plus.
Note: You must be physically present in SF to work for JTV. Completing the technical problem at http://www.justin.tv/problems/spellcheck will go a long way with us. Email justin [at] justin.tv to apply. Cheers!