Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login

So 70% of the vulnerabilities are still caused by lack of memory-safety, and that doesn't even account for all the defects that don't end up in a vulnerability. Imagine how much more safety and correctness there would be, if not only those 70% didn't exist, but no time had to be spent to fix them and rather concentrate onto avoiding the other 30%.



Morris worm is 30 years old now, what allowed it is still pretty much 2019 regular C code.




Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact

Search: