> I dont want to picture chinese people as parasites I want to just point out that the contribution from chinese devs and mainly their tech companies could be better.
Can you spot no Chinese company from these?
- FSF patrons https://www.fsf.org/patrons
- Linux Foundation https://www.linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/
If you frequent Kernel lists you can find many Chinese contributors (from Redhat)
- Eclipse Foundation https://www.eclipse.org/membership/exploreMembership.php#all...
- Apache Foundation https://www.apache.org/foundation/thanks
- Many Apache projects like Apache Dubbo https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the-apache-softwar...
- OpenSSL (exceptional support) https://www.openssl.org/support/acks.html
- Ceph Foundation https://ceph.com/foundation/
- OpenContainers Initiative https://www.opencontainers.org/about/members
- CNCF members https://www.cncf.io/about/members/
- OpenStack foundation https://www.openstack.org/foundation/companies/
- Xen members https://xenproject.org/about-us/project-members/
- RISC-V Foundation https://riscv.org/membership/
- OpenPOWER members https://openpowerfoundation.org/membership/current-members/
Are these leeching by your standards?